Integrating Point of Care Testing with Blood Management: Choosing the Right Method Matters!
Webinar presented by Sarah Barnhard, MD Associate Medical Director of Transfusion Services and Assistant Clinical Professor, UC-Davis Medical Center Davis, CA
About this webinar
Hospitals seek successful blood management programs to reduce transfusion-related adverse events and healthcare costs. Hemoglobin monitoring with quality results is essential, but not all patient populations can be effectively managed with central laboratory testing. Some populations require point of care hemoglobin monitoring to drive red blood cell transfusion decisions.
This webinar will highlight the key factors that lead to success in shifting an academic medical center culture surrounding red blood cell transfusions. How and when to integrate point of care technology into a blood management program will be discussed with strengths and benefits of each hemoglobin testing method. Strategies to minimize pre-analytic errors will also be presented.
Who should attend?
- Laboratory Administrators
- Medical Technologists
- Point of Care Coordinators
- Respiratory Therapists
- One PACE® credit-hour will be provided for this session. Radiometer is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program.
- This session is approved for 1 Florida Laboratory CE credit.
Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel approved number: 50-12563
- Application has been made to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for continuing education contact hours for respiratory therapists.
This webinar will:
- Identify key factors of success in shifting academic medical center culture surrounding red blood cell transfusions
- Demonstrate how and when to integrate point of care hemoglobin monitoring into a blood management program
- Summarize the clinical strengths and benefits of point of care hemoglobin testing methods
- Review pre-analytic errors and strategies to control the pre-analytic testing phase
Note: You can now join Webex Event Center from iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. Visit the Apple Store or Google Play to install the latest free app on your device.